Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
Our Digital Product team advocates for our users and business, setting the vision for our growing family of innovative products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people; in a team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
We are looking for a Senior Design Manager to join the UX & Design team at VNDIRECT - a group that enables all of VNDIRECT to build cohesive, user-centered products, by maintaining a unified design system and cultivating a thriving design community. Your key focus area will be leading our cross-team initiative to build and refresh VNDIRECT‘s design system, working with teams of designers, engineers, and product managers to create a system and home for the tools, guidelines, components, and patterns that we use to build VNDIRECT digital products for our users.
You‘ll establish efficient and effective working practices between the teams that contribute to our design systems, and amplify the effectiveness of this complex, cross-disciplinary program. Your secondary focus will be streamlining our design tools and helping the design operations team establish best practices in how we use these tools or expand the set to keep us innovating.
- Build and evolve our Design System deliverables to be scalable, innovative, and user-friendly for customers and applicable for the stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team to arrive at global reusable design patterns that are innovative and intuitive for customers
- Work creatively around difficult business and technical constraints to maintain a high customer experience bar
- Write, update, and maintain the library of documentation associated with the design system
- Get buy-in from key decision-makers to push forward design system initiatives that align with product teams or technology functions and drive the executions
- Drive the overall system roadmap: helping teams define scope, deliverables, and schedules, and coordinating release planning across multiple teams for multiple stakeholders
- Create and socialize processes for how designers and engineers will adapt and contribute to the system
- Organise roadshows and trainings on the design system for our product teams
- Define and track KPIs to monitor the success of the design system product and find creative ways to help the system teams connect with their objectives.
- Create and maintain comprehensive visual audits of our products and flows QA work to ensure designs and creative assets are rendered appropriately in the digital products
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends and tools and make proposals about why VNDIRECT should invest in new tools, and how we make them work for our teams‘ ways of working.
- Define and run the overall Design Operations practice
- Define and manage strategic initiatives that improve design team efficiency and impact
- Collaborate cross-functionally with designers, developers, researchers, writers, and product managers to ensure a smooth design process
- At least 7+ years of experience in product design-related field
- Experience shipping innovative, successful mass consumer products in a highly-matrixed and ambiguous environment
- Exposure to a revamp project, designing a User Interface in a system
- Have built or managed a design system team
- Experience with design systems and/or brand style guides
- Have experience setting up design ops for diverse product teams
- You are enthusiastic about details - a pixel perfectionist!
- Proficiency in visual design - iconography, UI, logos, layout
- Demonstrated ability to document and share processes
- Proven cross-functional skills and experience in stakeholder management
- Proficiency in design tools: Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (ie Principle, Origami, Invision, Framer)
- Comfortable in an ambiguous work environment.
ALL OF OUR JOBS REQUIRE
- Great communication We’re a diversified team, so clear communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic yet strong collaboration. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking the initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Critical We are in a complex business; we need everyone to be reflective, independent, and competent.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn and to be creative. Our business is changing and growing fast; who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.